Create an incomparable atmosphere in your interior thanks to the XXL personalized murals that project reliefs, colors and emotions in your guests. Receive free advice from an interior designer, choose a design and an artist, receive a model and the artist will come and create the work directly on the selected wall. Download our catalog to see the achievements of 2021!
Our original paintings
Creations made by the first street artists of Montreal, the opportunity to support artists who have marked a turning point in contemporary art. Impregnated by hip-hop and rap culture, we can speak of a new wave that takes everything in its path. Fresh air that filled our cities at lightning speed.
Having style takes work. Unique shoes are crazier than limited models, a “WOW” effect that sublimates all your outfits. Choose a pair on the site or send your shoes to our premises. Simply select an artist and describe your design to receive a free estimate and order the pair you’ve always dreamed of.
« Assert Oneself»
In the air of globalization, assertiveness is a necessary need.
We don’t want to be or carry a photocopy.
We are a
On est une conscience mathematics, a unique message, a will to stand out from the crowd.
Orignal is the ethical distinction.
The Original is a non-profit-organization that allows a short circuit from artist to collector.
The Original is your own creativity in the hands of the artist you have chosen.
We support in the production of recycled works:
- By providing the materials and tools for artistic upcycling made of recovered materials in the context of individual workshops
- By organizing public intergenerational community recycling events to raise awareness of the reuse of objects through art.
- By providing a process of explanation of the works through poetry and highlighting them through professional photography.
The Original is also a support for the sale of products and services:
- Animate our gallery workshop space at 163 Rue Saint Paul Ouest.
- Help define a committed positioning of the artist and encourage him to explain himself the purpose of his works to make them intellectually accessible to all and encourage reflection among as many people as possible.
- Set up a busy online exhibition and sales venue for our artists
- Present their mural services to public and private organizations. The grouping makes it possible to maintain fairer prices that recognize the profession of artist as a real profession while keeping prices accessible.
- Vernissage on themes with a strong social or environmental commitment.
The Original is a social and environmental message that you can carry and share around you.
« An original is someone who tries to do like the others and fails. »
« It all started with HangArt. »
« HangArt was our project, we made this video with my friends to share our idea in the university and start making things happen. Until the decisive moment when… We Googled the name to see that a gallery had the exact same name. »
This pilot project was to allow us to join the cohort of the Rémi-Marcoux entrepreneurial course. We were refused, but we did not deflate. Dorian’s passion during the pitch for the incubator was contagious and Robert Dutton then professor of management and former experienced CEO (former CEO of Rona for 20 years and writer of books on ecology and ethics). Together, and with the help of Anthony Dion who had made the video, they registered the Quebec NPO AvangArtiste.
It sounded really good: « AvangArtiste » avant-garde artists, with works that make sense, engaged in the form of recycled materials as in the substance of their subject. We realized that no one knew how to read it, spell it or pronounce it correctly. We lost a lot of customers and it didn’t really help our artists even if the name was cool »
I would take hockey bags full of clothes to bars and cafes to paint on with the artists in town. We started with what was easiest to store and transport. We really had fun, then we improved our processes and our binders to increase our quality. After 1 year of weekly workshops and having sold dozens of songs on Instagram, we were starting to accumulate experience and build a reputation. Our emerging artists have grown up with us and some have become renowned painters in the street-art world. We supplemented our painting workshops on Mondays with poetry clubs to explain the meaning of the works, democratize their message, make them more impactful, more meaningful, play on a new artistic dimension and increase the osmosis between the artists on the set.